Table of contents
The AtomicDEX API is open-source atomic swap software for seamless, decentralized, peer-to-peer trading between dozens of blockchain protocols.
This software works with the propagation of order books and swap states through the libp2p protocol and uses Hash Time Lock Contracts (HTLCs) for ensuring that the two users in a swap either mutually complete a trade or funds return to their original owner.
There is no third-party intermediary, no proxy tokens, and at all times users remain in sole possession of their private keys.
A well-documented API offers simple access to the underlying services using simple language agnostic JSON structured methods and parameters such that users can communicate with the core in a variety of methods such as curl in CLI, or fully functioning desktop and mobile applications.
AtomicDEX API offers developers the ability to launch a dApp that includes a wallet, bridge, and DEX.
- Store thousands of different cryptocurrencies in the same multi-coin wallet. Users have sole access to their own private keys.
- Create applications that allow users to store coins such as BTC, ETH, BNB, MATIC, and more or custom tokens token based on Ethereum (ERC-20), BNB Chain (BEP-20), or Qtum (QRC-20) simply by inputting contract addresses. If there is enough project or user demand, the AtomicDEX API can also support custom token listings for other smart contract compatible blockchains.
- The non-custodial wallet is compatible with multiple device types. Sync your assets via mobile, desktop, web GUIs, as well as command line interface (CLI).
- Users can trade assets across multiple protocols at a 1:1 ratio, minus fees. For example, users can swap native UTXO KMD for BEP-20 KMD, or vice versa.
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) network powered by atomic swap technology provides greater security for traders compared to automated market maker (AMM) based bridges.
- Rather than using a mint-burn function, AtomicDEX API supports the bridging of assets that already exist on two separate blockchains.
- The widest cross-chain/ cross-protocol support in the blockchain sector. AtomicDEX API is compatible with 99% of cryptocurrencies across dozens of blockchains.
- There are no restrictions on trading pairs. Users can trade any crypto for another crypto, regardless if the two exist on the same blockchain or on separate blockchains.
- Similar to the Bitcoin network itself, AtomicDEX has no single point of failure/network shutdown because anyone can run a seed node.
- The AtomicDEX API can be used to create markets for running Initial DEX Offerings (IDOs). In 2021, Tokel (TKL) and SmartFi (SMTF) used this solution to host peer-to-peer, atomic swap-based IDOs.
- Any project can customize the trading pairs for each IDO sale. For example, the project might choose to accept BTC, ETH, BNB, KMD, or other popular cryptocurrencies. The possibilities are nearly limitless since the AtomicDEX API supports 99% of cryptocurrencies in existence.
- Projects can set up permissionless IDOs with limited resources. For example, projects can create a new token on smart contract compatible blockchains (i.e. Ethereum, BNB Chain, or Qtum), add it as a custom token listing, and set up limit orders for their own IDO trading pairs.
The following are active GUIs that are using the AtomicDEX API.
- AtomicDEX Mobile - iOS/Testflight and Android /Google Play Test Program
- AtomicDEX Desktop
- AtomicDEX Web - Upcoming
- ShibaDEX - iOS and Android
- ShibaDEX Desktop
- GleecDEX Mobile - iOS and Android
- FiroDEX Desktop
Are you ready to build your own decentralized applications using AtomicDEX API? Get started by reading through our extensive documentation.